Membership in the Alameda Aero Club offers student or experienced pilots more of what they are looking for in a flying club. As a member, you are a part owner of the aircraft. You enjoy 24 hour access to all the planes via our convenient web-based reservation system.
In close proximity to San Francisco and East Bay cities, Oakland International is very convenient – this view of the Golden Gate Bridge is ten flying minutes away. We have experienced Instructors, and student pilot training is typically more thorough than in most places, given the diversity of terrain, airspace, and airport types in the Bay Area.
To join the Alameda Aero Club you will need to provide the following minimum hard-copy paperwork.
(See membership joining costs below)
- Completed and signed Membership Application Form.
- Completed and signed Partial Release of Liability form.
- Copy of both sides of your State Driver License
- Copy of both sides of your Pilot Certificate (including Student Pilot Certificate if held)
- Printout of your Driver Record obtained from the California DMV (the unofficial version is acceptable)
- Copy of your Passport (or other proof of citizenship).
- A printout of your Pilot Record obtained from the FAA at https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/. (if you hold any FAA certificate, including student certificate)
- Copy of FAA Medical Certificate (if you currently hold one)
- Copies of logbook entries of your last Flight Review (not required for Student Pilots)
After the Membership Officer has received the above paperwork, you will be invited to a meeting to chat about the club, answer your questions, and see if we are a good fit for you.
Initial Membership Costs
- $250 Initiation fee
- $70 First month’s dues
- $750 Refundable Deposit
Note: Refund requires members to maintain active membership in good standing for at least six months. Resignation before six months will result in a forfeit of the deposit. SIDA badge must be returned to the Port of Oakland as a refund condition. Outstanding account balances will be deducted from the deposit.
Monthly Membership Costs
- Active (flying): $70
- Inactive (temporarily non-flying): $15