Membership in the Alameda Aero Club offers student or experienced pilots more of what they are looking for in a flying club. As a member, you are a part owner of the aircraft. You enjoy 24 hour access to all the planes via our convenient web-based reservation system.
In close proximity to San Francisco and East Bay cities, Oakland International is very convenient – this view of the Golden Gate Bridge is ten flying minutes away. We have experienced Instructors, and student pilot training is typically more thorough than in most places, given the diversity of terrain, airspace, and airport types in the Bay Area.
To join the Alameda Aero Club you will need to provide the following minimum hard-copy paperwork and a check or money order for $230.00.
(See membership joining costs below)
- Completed and signed Application form (below)
- Copy of both sides of your State Driver License
- Printout of your Driver Record obtained from the California Department of Motor Vehicles (it’s ok to have the unofficial version)
- Copy of your Passport (or other proof of citizenship).
- A printout of your Pilot Record obtained from the FAA at https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/. (Not required for Student Pilots)
- Copy of FAA Medical Certificate (not required for Student Pilots until solo)
- Copy of both sides of your Pilot License (not required for Student Pilots)
- Copies of logbook entries of your last Biennial Flight Review (not required for Student Pilots)
First things first, though. We’d like to chat with you on the phone and fly with you, to see if we are a good fit for you. For more information, please call the Club at (510) 454 9945, or (better) contact the Membership Officer.
Joining the Club: $200.00 Refundable deposit + $30.00 first months dues = Total $230.00.
That’s it. Monthly dues continue to be $30.00 per month. Inactive (temporarily non-flying) members pay $10 per month. No initiation fees, or mandatory assessments for cancellation due to bad weather etc. So what are you waiting for?